Monday, January 24, 2011

Watering System

For plants, and people, water is life. This year I think I finally have the watering thing down. I know myself and my garden usually ends up flooded because I have forgotten that the water was turned on or in a drought like state because I forget to water altogether. My solution is a fully automated watering system complete with a timer :) . It's so nice to not have to think about when I watered last (if I remembered to water) and my plants are sure appreciating it. I have a soaker hose coiled in each box and the timer and valves are adjusted so each plant gets the water they need.


There is one hose buried going from the spigot to the center box. It is connected to a four way valve and there are three hoses connected to the valve. (There are two extra valves that I can use for hand watering with a hose or using a sprinkler for the surrounding area.) Each of the three hoses are buried going to the three boxes and then a soaker hose is attached to each. By burying the hoses I could make sure they are out of the way of the lawn mowers. It looked a little complicated at first and took some planning, but now it is making my gardening a breeze.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment