Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Square Foot Boxes

There is lots of info on how to construct a raised garden bed so I'll just tell you what I used for mine. The boards are four foot squared decking material and really strong. They are built two high (6" each) so that I can plant whatever kinds of crops I want, without having to worry about depth. I put a layer of cardboard down before filling them with soil. The soil is Jungle Growth Organic Potting Soil sold at Lowe's. It contained all of the nutrients I needed and it was premixed :). There are two pieces of ten foot PVC pipe crisscrossed in the corners for each box so that I can quickly and easily cover them in case of a late frost. I'm so pleased with the way they turned out. Thanks to my handy-dandy neighbor for constructing them.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment