Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Birthday Fun

I have been really trying to go all organic and so this year I made my son's birthday cake. I made a half sheet staked layered vanilla cake and a 9" round layered chocolate cake. The cakes were organic box mixes and turned out pretty yummy. The icing was vanilla buttercream (my own recipe).
I had received a Cricut Cake for Christmas and this was my first real chance to play with it. I decided to just use sugar sheets (not organic) for this test run. They cut beautifully and looked great cutting out the batman symbol and his name. I can see myself using this machine for future projects and look forward to lots more decorating fun. Next try I will be trying a recipe for my own sugar sheets/fondant so I can make my creation truly all organic. :-)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment